Now we all know how good the classic Old Fashioned is, some things just don’t need changing…
This recipe is an exception to that rule, using our very own Barrel Aged Corn Rye Moonshine! Not a replacement for the original recipe but a super tasty variation. It’s nostalgia in a glass for those who grew up eating Cornflakes.
There is a little bit of prep in the garnish, it’s very easy though, so don’t worry about that. We have provided the link to the recipe under ingredients.
Give this cocktail a go, even if you’re not into the regular old fashioned, you will be pleasantly surprised.
This cocktail was conceived by the incredibly talented and friendly staff at Bad Frankies. Seb and Amelia are representing Ironbark Distillery’s Award Winning Gins at Juniperlooza.
Thank you guys, your continued support of us is much appreciated!
Cornflake Old Fashioned
- 60mL – Ironbark Barrel Aged Corn Rye Moonshine
- 10mL – Stone Pine Honey Liqueur
- Ice Cubes
- Honey Joy for garnish (recipe)
- Half fill a 7oz glass with ice cubes
- Pour Stone Pine Honey Liqueur over ice and stir for 30 seconds
- Pour Moonshine over the ice/liqueur mixture and stir for a further 30 seconds
- Place a Honey Joy on a toothpick and rest it on the rim of the glass
Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!